I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I love keeping up with friends and family, that I can post pics and videos for relatives that live too far to see my kids regularly, and I love all those funny little memes. But there are some things that annoy me about Facebook…
10. I hate the timeline. Nothing seems to be posted in order. So if someone makes a reference to a previous status that I somehow missed….I can never seem to find it. Plus, I am close minded and hate change.
9. The time I have wasted on Facebook. It sucks you in like a vortex and you never escape. But afterwords…I can never remember what on Earth I did that kept me entertained for so long. It must be a conspiracy…
8. It really annoys me that any picture I like gets splattered onto all my friends walls. Not everyone has the same political views, religious views, parenting style, etc. So I may find a meme or article funny, but I can’t even use the like button because I don’t want to offend friends who may not….appreciate…the same humor.
7. Why is there not a dislike button? Someone posts about someone dying, or the crappy day they’ve had…I can’t exactly “like” that. I am not sadistic…well…all the time.
6. Random people friending me whom I have never met before. Stop that…it creeps me out. (I’m not talking about people you haven’t talked to in a long time or are acquaintances with…that doesn’t bother me. But I used to get random friends of friends of friends trying to friend me.) I am not on here to make friends…just keep the ones I have.
5. Typing so no one can understand. I’m talking about the new texting version of our written language. You know: OMG u c my bf! lol gtg. Wow…sometimes I feel brain cells dying. (and I’m terrible at grammar, so it’s not like my standards are super high).
4. I am guilty of this one. I love seeing people’s kids, and their pictures. But even my enthusiasm flags when someone posts hundreds of pictures at once. I have done it too…but I don’t really expect anyone but my in-laws to look at them. I have learned it’s best to use the trickle down method…upload a few at a time.
3. Speaking of trickle down..political statuses. I don’t mind articles or pictures. I may find them mildly annoying, but you can tell its an article or picture before you read it. I just skim past those babies if I’m not in the mood. But those Facebook statuses are sneaky…like ninjas. You think you’re going to see how someone is doing and then *BAM* you’re hit with some political rant and let’s be honest….I’m not getting those wasted seconds back.
2. Vague status updates. I log onto Facebook to find out how you’re doing. A status that reads, “Ugh” or “I hate my life” doesn’t help me in that purpose. You don’t have to give the dirty details, but maybe a little clarification would be helpful or why bother posting? Note: it is a different thing entirely when people just ask for prayer. At least then it has a purpose even if I don’t know the specifics.
1. Those pictures that are like chain e-mails…you know, “Like if you hate cancer, ignore if you don’t” or “like if you love Jesus, keep scrolling if you’re ashamed of him”. The picture below is the only one of those I have actually shared. See number 8 about the issue with liking pictures. I don’t want to like a picture that will go on someone else’s wall and lay a big, old guilt trip on them. That’s not how I roll. Plus, I have the personality of a mule…if someone tells me I HAVE to do something, my automatic reaction is to want to do the opposite. Just ask my mom, I was a joy to raise.
So you don’t think I’m ragin’…here is a smiley face 🙂 and I’ll add the “go to” lol so you all know how happy I am….;) lol (not just a smiley face…a winky face…I’m feeling mischievous now)